Finding Accurate Information Can be Challenging
With the emergence of new information and rapidly changing guidance, it’s natural to have questions. We want to help you find the answers you need from sources you trust.
The Importance of Vaccines
The best way to end the pandemic and get life back to normal is to have enough people vaccinated. The COVID-19 vaccines have proven to be safe and effective in preventing illness. Learn the key things to know about vaccines. Remember COVID-19 vaccines are free. There’s no cost to you.
Once you’ve been fully vaccinated, you can start doing some things you did before the pandemic. Learn what fully vaccinated people can do.
Preventing the Spread
If you haven’t been vaccinated, the CDC’s guidance for unvaccinated people includes wearing a mask, social distancing and frequent hand washing in order to prevent spreading COVID-19 to others.
Even if you’re fully vaccinated, it’s important to stay vigilant. Continue to watch for symptoms and follow business, workplace and travel guidelines. See the CDC’s guidance for fully vaccinated people.
Watch for Symptoms
People with COVID-19 can have a variety of symptoms ranging from mild to severe. View the CDC’s updated list of COVID-19 symptoms so you know what to watch for and when to seek medical treatment.
As a Medicare beneficiary, rest assured COVID-related expenses are covered.
- Lab tests to determine if you have COVID-19 when ordered by a doctor or health care provider. There is no cost to you.
- Medically necessary hospitalizations,including staying in the hospital under quarantine.
- Virtual check-ins that allow you to connect with your doctor by phone or video so you can remain at home and avoid exposure to others.
A Medicare Supplement Policy Covers:
- Expenses not covered by Medicare. Depending on your policy, you may pay your usual deductible, coinsurance and/or copayment amounts.
- Expenses incurred when traveling. A Medicare supplement policy covers care received anywhere in the U.S. Some Medicare supplement policies also include coverage for foreign travel. Check your policy for details.
Mutual of Omaha has been helping people navigate tough times since the Medicare program began. Explore our additional Medicare resources.
Already a Policyholder?Customer Access is available 24/7 to handle many of your common policy needs. Creating an account is easy. Just have your policy number handy. Here’s what you can do on Customer Access:
- Update your information
- Make a payment
- Review your explanation of benefits (EOBs)
- Change your billing preference