Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C)
Get the coverage that's right for you with affordability you can count on with a Medicare Advantage plan. Enter your ZIP code to see plan options for your area.
Viewing content for your location
A Medicare Advantage plan might be a good solution if:
Medicare Advantage & prescription drug coverage
Get the benefits you need, with fewer plans to manage. Many Medicare Advantage plans include prescription drug benefits, so you don't need to look for separate Part D coverage.
These plans, known as Medicare Advantage prescription drug plans (MAPD), allow you to enroll in just one plan and get coverage at the doctor, hospital and pharmacy.
We currently don’t offer Medicare Advantage in your area
Frequently asked questions
For Medicare Advantage plans that start coverage on January 1, 2024, the annual enrollment period is Oct. 15 – Dec. 7, 2023. During this period, you can join, drop or change Medicare Advantage plans and switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage plan.
Many Medicare Advantage plans cover dental care services, but some may not. When evaluating a Medicare Advantage plan, be sure to review whether dental benefits are included and what types of dental services are covered.
There are three periods when you can enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan (Medicare Part C):
- Initial Enrollment Period: The time period that spans the three months before your 65th birthday month, the month of your 65th birthday, and three months after your 65th birthday.
- Annual Enrollment Period: The time period between October 15 and December 7 when you may sign up for or change your Medicare Advantage coverage, which will begin on January 1.
- Special Enrollment Period: If you lose health insurance coverage from your employer, you may qualify for a Medicare special enrollment period. You may also qualify for a special enrollment period if:
- You move to an area that your current plan’s service area does not cover
- You move into a nursing home
- You are on Medicare and Medicaid
- Your current plan is terminated
Original Medicare, provided by the federal government, consists of two parts – Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B. These two parts cover different services. Part A provides hospital insurance and Part B provides medical insurance for doctor services and supplies.
Medicare Advantage is a combination plan that can take the place of Original Medicare. It includes both Parts A and B and usually includes extra coverage for dental, prescription and/or vision insurance. Medicare Advantage is provided by private insurance companies approved by the Medicare program.Read More About the Different Parts of Medicare
Medicare Advantage plans, also known as Medicare Part C, cover the benefits of Original Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) and Part B (medical insurance).
Plus, plans may offer added benefits like dental and vision coverage, discounts on gym memberships and extra savings on over-the-counter medications. Certain Medicare Advantage plans include prescription drug coverage. Known as Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) plans, they eliminate the need for additional Part D insurance.