Mutual of Omaha Placed on Forbes Best Employers for Diversity 2023 List
OMAHA, Neb. (April 27, 2023) – Mutual of Omaha has been named on the Forbes list of Best Employers for Diversity 2023.
This prestigious award is presented by Forbes and Statista Inc., the world-leading statistics portal and industry ranking provider. The awards list was announced on April 25, 2023 and can currently be viewed on the Forbes website.
The Best Employers for Diversity were selected based on survey from approximately 45,000 U.S. employees working for companies with a minimum of 1,000 employees. The evaluation was based on the following criteria:
- Direct recommendations: Employees were asked to give their opinions on a series of statements regarding Age, Gender, Ethnicity, Disability, LGBTQA+ and General Diversity in their current workplace. The recommendations of women, elders and ethnic minorities were weighted higher than the non-minority groups.
- Indirect Recommendations: Participants were also given the chance to evaluate other employers in their respective industries that stand out either positively or negatively with regard to diversity. Only the recommendations of minority groups were considered.
- Key Performance Indicators: Extensive research was carried out to evaluate how companies fared across a range of diversity-related best-practices. These included things like the presence of resource groups within the company, the publication of diversity data and the share of women in board and executive positions.
“We are honored to be among this prestigious group of employers and proud of the inclusive culture we are building at Mutual of Omaha,” said Gail Graeve, Vice President of Social Impact at Mutual of Omaha. “We believe an environment where each person feels a sense of belonging and respect is simply the right thing to do – and ultimately helps us serve our customers better.”
Mutual of Omaha has also recently been recognized on the following lists:
- Fortune® magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For®” in 2023, ranking #70
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers for 2023, ranking #34
- Forbes America’s Best Insurance Firms 2022, ranking #28
About Mutual of Omaha
Founded in 1909, Mutual of Omaha is a highly rated, Fortune® 500 organization offering a variety of insurance and financial products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. As a mutual company, Mutual of Omaha is owned by its policyholders and committed to providing outstanding service to its customers. For more information about Mutual of Omaha, visit www.mutualofomaha.com. For more information about career opportunities, candidates can visit Mutual of Omaha’s careers website to learn more and apply for open roles.