In addition to this Policy, Mutual of Omaha’s written Privacy Notices further describe how we handle your personal information (defined below) shared with us, such as when you apply for or purchase our products and services becoming our customer.
Framing of our sites on other web sites is subject to the terms and policy practices of the framing web sites.
The following sections address our sites’ online privacy practices in more detail:
Types of information collected on our sites
There are two types of information collected on our sites: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information ("personal information") is information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you as an individual. Personal Information includes information collected directly from you if you choose to purchase products or use certain services available on our sites or personal information that you voluntarily provide, such as information included in response to a questionnaire or survey.
Personal information may also be obtained by us through the use of technology, such as cookies, and when we collect your geo-location, phone carrier, or other device information directly or through our third-party vendor(s).
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information ("non-personal information") is information that does not identify you as an individual, such as your browser type, and the URL of the web sites you visited before or after our site. Mutual of Omaha may automatically collect certain types of non-personal information from you when you visit our sites. We may also collect non-personal information that you voluntarily provide, such as information included in response to a questionnaire or survey.
Non-Personal Information Collected Through Technology
Our sites may use cookie technology to improve your experience and gather information for statistical reporting and other purposes.
To browse without cookies, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Our sites may collect IP addresses for the purposes of systems administration, authentication and security, server problem diagnosis and compiling aggregate information, such as how many visitors accessed our sites. When you visit a particular page on our sites, our servers may log your IP address. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer automatically when you use the Internet.
We may use embedded pixel technologies on selected pages for the purposes of identifying unique user visits to our sites as opposed to aggregate hits. In addition, embedded pixels or other technologies may be used in emails to provide information on when the email was opened to track marketing campaign responsiveness. Information collected using these technologies may be associated with the recipient's email address.
Do Not Track Disclosure
We do not respond to your browser's Do Not Track signals.
Why we collect your information
Mutual of Omaha may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your application, process your payment and to facilitate delivery of your policy or service. We may also save your information to facilitate new product requests;
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, and transaction requests;
- To fulfill our obligations under your policy, to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- To develop and provide you with products, services, and features that better meet your needs or requests;
- To respond to any government or regulatory request, law enforcement requests, or to conform with the requirements of any court order, law or legal process;
- As required or permitted by applicable law or governmental regulations;
- To protect or defend our legal rights or property, our sites, or our users or investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or violations of the terms and conditions of using our sites; and
- As described to you when collecting your personal information. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Who we share personal information with
We may share personal information among Mutual of Omaha and its affiliated companies, and with select third partyservice providers for a business purpose described above. Mutual of Omaha does not sell personal information to non-affiliated third-party entities for them to sell products and services to you.
For information on who we may share your personal information with once you apply for our products or services, or become our customer, view our Privacy Notices referenced above.
Unless otherwise specified, our sites are not directed toward children. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that personal information on a child under the age of 13 is collected, we will delete that information from our systems.
Keeping your information secure
The security of your personal information is very important to us, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. We have security measures in place that seek to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that Mutual of Omaha has collected from you through our sites.
Unfortunately, no information transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Mutual of Omaha cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our sites.
Acceptance of Policy
By visiting our sites, you are accepting the terms and conditions of this Policy, and we have the right to use your information as described in this Policy.
This Policy applies only with respect to the information that we collect online on our sites and not to any information that Mutual of Omaha collects through other methods or sources.
If for some reason you believe that our sites have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us at one of the addresses below.
California Residents Only
If you are a California resident, you may have additional consumer rights pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"). These rights can be accessed on the "For California Residents Only" webpage.
Changes to the Policy
Mutual of Omaha reserves the right to modify or amend this Policy at any time. Your continued use of our sites after we post any changes to this Policy on our sites will constitute your acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates. We will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice's effective date.
The latest revision to this Policy occurred on December 1, 2019. Changes to this Policy will not affect our use of previously provided personal information.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Please note that whenever you submit any information to us in connection with any Mutual of Omaha products and services, you consent to Mutual of Omaha’s processing of this information as necessary to provide the products and services in which you are participating.
If you have any questions or comments about our Policy and/or the way it affects you, please feel free to contact us by:
- Sending any e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sending a letter via US Mail to:
Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company
3300 Mutual of Omaha Plaza
Omaha, NE 68175
Attention: Web Master