At Mutual of Omaha, you will work closely with a team of 70+ investment professionals in managing the company’s investment portfolio of over $38B. You will have the opportunity to gain analyst experience, interact with different internal and external investment professionals and contribute to portfolio management decisions.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Salary: $75,000, plus annual bonus opportunity.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Regular associates working 40 hours a week can earn up to 15 days of vacation each year.
- Regular associates receive 9 paid holidays in 2023.
- Regular associates are provided sick leave through the use of personal time. Associates working 40 hours a week can receive up to 56 hours of personal time in 2023, prorated based on the start date.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Participates in the analysis of potential investment opportunities and general market research.
- Analysts will work primarily within their respective teams which include: corporate bonds, municipal bonds, structured securities (collateralized loan obligations, asset-backed/mortgage securities, etc), commercial mortgage loans, macro risk, portfolio strategies. Ultimate placement will be based on the needs of the department while taking into account the candidates preference whenever possible.
- Develop an understanding on how to analyze an investment, the market and/or risks associated with the portfolio through financial modeling, due diligence and market research.
- Depending on the team you will be involved with meeting with various stake holders: issuers/management teams, research providers, “wall street” analysts/traders, internal partners in areas such as legal, risk management, operations.
- Learn and understand investment documentation, financial modeling and relative value.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 0-2+ years of work experience.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, pride and ownership of work product, strength of conviction and desire to succeed.
- Strong interest in the investment field and hunger to continually learn about the investment process and markets.
- You promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, value different ideas and opinions, and listen courageously, remaining curious in all that you do.
- Able to work remotely with access to a high-speed internet connection and located in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Strong technical skills including programing or an interest to learn.
- Experience with financial statement, real estate or other investment analysis gained through classwork, internships or personal investing/tracking the markets.
- Demonstrated interest in participating in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program.
We value diverse experience, skills, and passion for innovation. If your experience aligns with the listed requirements, please apply!
After applying, for inquiries about your application or the hiring process, please email our Talent Acquisition area at firstname.lastname@example.org.