As a DSC Sales Consultant, you will assess each customer’s needs, research a variety of outcomes and provide real-time solutions as part of our Direct Sales Center. Key elements of success include listening to the needs of prospects, current policy holders, and business partners while selling new or add-on business and generating leads with established customers through the telephone.
While most of your day you will be spent answering incoming customer calls, your primary focus and responsibility will be to interview prospects to uncover their insurance needs, recommend Mutual of Omaha products and write applications for insurance. Through it all, you will strive to provide the industry-leading service our customers have come to expect from Mutual of Omaha.
If you are passionate about customer service and enjoy a sales environment, combine your power with ours and see how far you can go.
Training classes begin on September 16th!
- $20/hr with uncapped incentive
- Shifts available M-F 1130am-8pm CST OR M-Sat(1 day off during week) 9am-530pm CST
- Shift availability determined at time of offer
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Receives incoming calls from prospects inquiring about Mutual of Omaha's products. Remains abreast of policy provisions, rates, and Direct to Consumer marketing campaigns. Encourages prospects to submit applications or close the sale over the phone when appropriate.
- Receives incoming calls from existing customers. Efficiently uses multiple on-line resources to answer customer questions and resolve issues, striving for first call resolution. Efficiently and accurately documents customer requests.
- Initiates, inquires, identifies and sends appropriate materials to meet the callers' insurance needs; promotes features and benefits of additional Individual Financial Services products and services during calls; and cross-sells. Complete close over the phone applications as appropriate. Refer leads to DSC Agents or Agency Sales when appropriate.
- Proactively conserves policies that are in danger of lapse or cancellation.
- Makes outgoing calls to customers or prospects to market additional coverage; makes outgoing calls to service or conserve existing business as appropriate.
- Confidentially handles all policy owner and prospect information. Ensures company compliance standards are met by acquiring and maintaining appropriate insurance licenses and appointments.
- Provides peer mentoring to entry level reps to include on the job training and coaching.
- Assists with DSC special projects as assigned.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Must be located in United States or Puerto Rico
- Continuous growth mindset and thrives in a dynamic, continuous process improvement environment
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain appropriate insurance licenses in life, health and accident within outlined timeframe that is communicated at time of hire/transfer into this role.
- Excellent customer interaction skills in a sales or service environment.
- In depth understanding of insurance products descriptions and policy language; ability to effectively market such products.
- Strong communication and human relations skills.
- Excellent problem solving, time management and service skills.
- Ability to operate a computer in a multi-tasking environment. Personal computer skills, including working knowledge of various software packages, and excellent typing (25 wpm+), spelling, and grammar skills.
- Flexible to work various hours/schedules as business needs dictate.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance in adherence to department and company attendance expectations.
- Proven customer interaction skills in the DSC department.
- Proven ability to consistently exceed monthly performance targets.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Salary Range: $20.00/hour
- Pay commensurate with experience.
- Recognized as a certified Great Place to Work®.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
We are committed to optimizing flexible work. We support a full range of work approaches: fully remote, hybrid and in-person. Many of our roles are remote. Employees in remote roles may occasionally travel to a Mutual of Omaha office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Remote employees who are assigned a Mutual of Omaha office location can work on-site on a voluntary basis, subject to local and company COVID-19 guidelines.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.