|Oversees the overall sales function for a unit of advisors through guidance from the Managing Director. Collaborates with the office's leadership team to ensure Training & Development and Advisor Recruiting processes are followed and the appropriate tracking tools are effectively utilized. Attracts, evaluates, selects and trains new advisor candidates into productive advisors (to Honor Club level). Provides ongoing training/development for existing and more experienced advisors.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Recruit, train and develop a unit of productive Advisors by creating marketing/prospecting and sales strategies.
- Provides ongoing training for each reporting Advisor to include: Activity management, weekly skill-building, Trustworthy Selling coaching and Field Training (demonstration and case design)
- Actively participates in the Advisor Recruiting Process by providing Warm-Source candidates, participate in interviews and providing input into the Selection process.
- Ensures that only well-trained Advisors are representing the Company to our customers serving as a role model for Mutual of Omaha through leadership and by example, (i.e. participating in professional seminars/workshops, pursuing required professional credentials and industry designations, etc).
- Develops a professional sales force and assures Company needs for sales and succession planning are met by implementing effective Unit/Agency recruitment, selection, and retention strategies. Maintain a mentoring and career counseling relationship with contracted Advisors.
- Develop and maintain a professional representation of Mutual of Omaha in local community, insurance industry and professional associations; be active in local community and association activities.
- Develops and maintains effective professional relationships with Agency Sales Home Office and Field staff, Human Resources, Marketing, Compliance, Underwriting, Customer Service and other support areas to achieve revenue, sales, customer growth, and profit goals for the unit; facilitates the accurate identification and resolution of problems; and participates in and supports Company initiatives
- Support the Managing Director in the total management of the division office; remain focused on long-term objectives, make sound business decisions in support of Company goals, and comply with all Company policies, federal and state regulations and industry guidelines. Ensure that the assigned advisors comply with state, federal, industry and corporate requirements.
- If working in a remote office (DSO), may act as Agency's point of contact for administrative and logistical functions related to that office.
- Develop and maintain thorough understanding of Mutual of Omaha's sales and/or advisor recruiting strategies and methods, which includes: (a) committing to memory and retaining detailed sales and/or interviewing scripts; and (b) passing certifications as required by Mutual of Omaha to demonstrate personal knowledge of Mutual of Omaha's sales processes.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- Must be located in United States or Puerto Rico.
- In depth knowledge of the insurance industry practices and trends, current sales methodology, business and personnel management principles and practices, multi-line insurance fundamentals, state and federal regulations
- Proven sales skills and the ability to motivate others.
- Current Life and Health License with the ability to become licensed with Mutual, United and any required Affiliate Company in the state(s) required for the agency.
- Registration as an Investment Advisor Representative within the shorter time-frame of 210 days of entry into the position or after three attempts at the Series 65/66 exam.
- Ability to travel up to 65% (may include some overnight).
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Detailed product knowledge, with expertise in life, annuity, disability and critical illness insurance products.
- Strong employee and agent recruiting, selection, training and retention skills.
- Strong verbal/written communication, human relations and leadership skills.
- Solid innovative/problem-solving skills with the ability to make sound decisions.
- Proficiency in applicable software and technology including Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
- Ability to prepare and implement marketing and prospecting plans.
- Registration as a FINRA Registered Representative.
- Registration as a FINRA Securities Principal.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 300 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Base Salary: $55,000 plus Sales Plan.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
- Recognized as a certified Great Place to Work®.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
We are committed to optimizing flexible work. We support a full range of work approaches: fully remote, hybrid and in-person. Many of our roles are remote. Employees in remote roles may occasionally travel to a Mutual of Omaha office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Remote employees who are assigned a Mutual of Omaha office location can work on-site on a voluntary basis, subject to local and company COVID-19 guidelines.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.