|The Director, Risk Management directs and proactively manages strategic and emerging risks for the Company. Develops and manages the ERM risk framework and collaborates with the Board of Directors and senior leadership and internal business partners on the identification, communication and implementation of risk controls and policies. Ensures sound Enterprise Risk Management principles align with the Company's risk appetite and tolerances.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Collaborates with Board Risk Committee, senior leaders and internal business partners to develop and administer a consistent, coordinated process to identify, assess, measure, and monitor risks. Responsible for coordinating the risk committee meetings (agenda, minutes, and facilitation) for the Board Risk Committee and the management led Strategic and Emerging Risk oversight committees.
- Ensures that all risks relevant to the business are aggregated at an enterprise level and that business areas have mitigation and contingency plans in place.
- Ensures that the top/strategic enterprise risks are identified, assessed and that mitigation plans are developed, monitored and reported to all key stakeholders. Escalates risk matters and develops recommendations as appropriate. This includes leading strategic and targeted risk assessments.
- Develops and monitors leading and lagging key risk indicators for risks. Implements checkpoints and tolerances as necessary.
- Assist the CRO to ensure ERM risk framework is effective and implemented efficiently. When appropriate, promulgates risk policies and standards for approval by the proper governance body.
- Accountable for ensuring the enterprise governance, risk and compliance platform has been populated with risk information, including risk assessment data and controls.
- Responsible for developing Enterprise Risk Programs to ensure adequate and effective risk management. Monitors and reports program results to business leaders and stakeholders which includes the Board, senior leadership and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for facilitating and reporting on the Company’s Top Down risk assessment and preparation of the Company’s Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA).
- Develops and maintains an engaged and accountable workforce.
- Develops and maintains a fair and equitable working environment.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Must be located in United States or Puerto Rico
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in risk management including best practices in risk methodology, project management and process mapping.
- Solid understanding of insurance and financial services regulatory requirements
- An awareness of market, regulatory and risk management trends.
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative with sound strategic vision and ability to develop and implement tactical plans to achieve the vision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proven success in establishing and maintaining relationships with internal and external business partners. Effective written communication skills, ability to make effective presentations to corporate management, customers, community leaders and regulatory officials.
- Extensive leadership experience with proven success in planning, implementing and directing several projects and/or programs simultaneously while meeting deadlines and empowering team members to meet company objectives; ability to work under pressure and meet stringent deadlines.
- Highly developed decision-making and problem-solving skills. Ability to take prudent risks and make timely and sound business decisions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated strong analytical abilities in identifying root cause of issues, in depth numerical analysis and reporting experience to understand the materiality of findings.
- Strong drive and ability to successfully lead initiatives to achieve strategic goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to effectively run a risk committee and the ability to collaborate with, as well as influence, senior leaders and business partners.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Ability to educate, develop and motivate others; including management of a team.
- 10+ years of financial services industry experience.
- 5+ years of Enterprise Risk, Audit, or Risk Management experience in a significant leadership role with proven ability to engage with executive management.
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries, Fellow of the Society of Actuaries or Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst of the Society of Actuaries.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 300 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Salary Range: Minimum: $105,730 MidPoint: $140,090 Maximum: $174,450
- Pay commensurate with experience.
- Recognized as a certified Great Place to Work®.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
We are committed to optimizing flexible work. We support a full range of work approaches: fully remote, hybrid and in-person. Many of our roles are remote. Employees in remote roles may occasionally travel to a Mutual of Omaha office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Remote employees who are assigned a Mutual of Omaha office location can work on-site on a voluntary basis, subject to local and company COVID-19 guidelines.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.