|Underwrites the most complex individual life insurance cases with high risk and financial impact including premium financing. Reviews and approves the work of lower level underwriters. Trains Underwriters and monitors department workflow to ensure departmental goals are met.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Analyze, appraise, and classify applications for life insurance (includes formal applications, informal applications and pre-quote requests) to ensure acceptable levels of mortality within approval authority. (Life approval authority:$5,000,000 up to 10,000,000).
- Assume a lead role in underwriting large and complex cases up to and exceeding signature authority, or the expertise of less experienced underwriters.
- Evaluate individual applications to determine if facultative reinsurance outlets should be used for impaired risks
- Administer company and departmental policies and rules as they apply to established selection standards for the IWP division.
- Assures that work is monitored for quantity and quality, and that work improvements in performance and productivity are identified as part of a continuous improvement process.
- Communicate regularly in both written and verbal form with policy owners, applicants, agents, brokers and others on a variety of subjects concerning underwriting procedures and decisions.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship and rapport with the field force.
- Provide guidance to lower level underwriters and administrative associates.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Must be located in United States or Puerto Rico.
- Seasoned underwriting knowledge and expertise including impaired risks and large case underwriting of individual life insurance risks.
- Successful completion of LOMA 280/281 (online version), 290, 311 and 386 along with ALU 101 and 201.
- Ability to make decisions and justify the decisions with sound and logical reasoning.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Strong relationship building with people who are, or may someday be, useful in achieving work related goals.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Financial aptitude for understanding pricing strategies and their potential impact on financial results.
- Proficient computer skills using various software packages including word-processing, spreadsheet, and electronic mail.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail with high degree of accuracy and the ability to work somewhat independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- 10+ years of full authority life underwriting experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience and FLMI, FALU, or CLU courses completed for designation or being actively pursued.
- Experience with Accelerated Underwriting program.
- Experience with Long Term Care underwriting.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 300 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Salary Range: $81,360 MidPoint: $107,805 Maximum: $134,250.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
- Recognized as a certified Great Place to Work®.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
We are committed to optimizing flexible work. We support a full range of work approaches: fully remote, hybrid and in-person. Many of our roles are remote. Employees in remote roles may occasionally travel to a Mutual of Omaha office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Remote employees who are assigned a Mutual of Omaha office location can work on-site on a voluntary basis, subject to local and company COVID-19 guidelines.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.