Assists/conducts/collaborates in formulating business solutions through research, analysis, validation of data, facts, and information. Provides support for teams in order to meet defined business objectives and strategy. Researches, develop, implements, and support business systems and processes. Performs tasks that may have some/few established guidelines to follow.
This job posting is reflective of the Business Systems Analyst I essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Business Systems Analyst II, III and Business Systems Consultant I and II levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assists/facilitates in gathering and analyzing information and requirements, and assist with implementation in collaboration with team members.
- General understanding of department business processes, compliance, and workflows and apply that knowledge to your daily support of the business. May include administrative and production support for the business.
- Assists/Create/Leads with creation of test plans, test scripts, and performs manual or automated testing for enhancements, upgrades and on-going maintenance to ensure that business, technical, and functional requirements are being met.
- Understanding/management of vendor relationships. Assists in the fulfillment of vendor requests in order to maintain strong vendor relationships.
- Contributes/develops/reviews the development of communication and training plans and materials for internal and external business associates and customers.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the insurance industry, and the business environment.
- Proficiency working with Agile principles, processes, driving decision making, and aligning the team/organization on goals and objectives.
- Communicating effectively with internal business partners and stakeholders. Leverage contemporary company communication tools to convey message.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Ability to use current and contemporary business tools and methodologies.
- Understands and considers both the business and the technical processes and needs to meet/exceed the desired business objectives.
- Understanding of Business Analysis techniques and tools. Exposure to project management processes and tools. Ability to organize and deliver tasks and/or projects timely.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Exposure to continuous process improvement/operational excellence practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders/business partners.
- Proven problem-solving experience with high attention to detail.
- Strong prioritization, organization and decision making skills.
- Knowledge of insurance products, the insurance industry, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices.
- Basic knowledge of Compensation, Sales, and Appointment Licensing.
- Basic technical skills including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Tableau, Crystal Reporting, and SSIS.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; dependable; strong organizational skills; attention to details; ability to work independently; multitask effectively; ability to work under pressure.
- Must have desire to learn new technologies and apply this knowledge to projects when applicable.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 300 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Salary Range: $49,400 - $85,000.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
- Recognized as a certified Great Place to Work®.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
We are committed to optimizing flexible work. We support a full range of work approaches: fully remote, hybrid and in-person. Many of our roles are remote. Employees in remote roles may occasionally travel to a Mutual of Omaha office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Remote employees who are assigned a Mutual of Omaha office location can work on-site on a voluntary basis, subject to local and company COVID-19 guidelines.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.