|Supervises and supports team functions involving a high level of financial risk within a new business department. Provides direction, control and improvement of services for a team of non-management staff which support underwriting functions. Responsible for the monitoring and coaching of subordinate staff to ensure performance expectations are met. Oversees execution of department, division, and Company initiatives to improve business processes and foster profitable growth. Accountable for team compliance with applicable policies, procedures, guidelines, and law. Conducts short range planning and assists with planning and implementing long range departmental projects and initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Human Resource Management
Plans, organizes, staff, leads, and controls activities pertaining to the department to include: Interviewing, selecting and training subordinate staff; monitoring and appraising performance of subordinates to hold them accountable for end results; coaching and motivating subordinates; administers disciplinary action as needed; administers compensation to subordinates; and promote team cohesiveness to foster a productive, fair and equitable work environment.
- Productivity, Quality and Time Service Monitoring
Assures that work is monitored for quantity and quality, and that work improvements in performance and productivity are identified and implemented on a continuous basis. Effectively uses available tools and resources to monitor and manage time service, quality and relationship expectations of each associate; provide constructive feedback and direction as needed. Prepares and provides reports to management documenting the business results of the department. Schedules and coordinates management of peak volumes and need-driven staff allocations. Collaborates with supporting departments to resolve any service delivery, system, and/or quality issues. Utilizing appropriate business judgement and sound customer service skills, provides effective support to internal stakeholders and/or external customers. May delegate productivity, quality, and/or time service monitoring functions to team leads, as appropriate and provides necessary oversight to the execution of these functions.
- Procedural Compliance and Process Improvement
Remains abreast of pertinent federal and state legislation affecting business processing and customer/producer handling. Assesses and analyzes any areas of procedural non-compliance, modifies and/or enhances existing processes, and initiates corrective actions where appropriate. Provides detailed information related to business decisions. Leads and/or participates in cross-functional work groups that analyze, develop and implement processes, procedures and activities that enhance corporate profitability, efficiency and/or quality. Leads and/or participates in the planning and execution of department initiatives.
- Business Leadership
Effectively represents the department as a subject matter expert within and outside of the department. Interacts frequently with key external customers and internal stakeholders. Handles a significant volume of escalated issues. Reviews, analyzes, and takes appropriate action to resolve customer issues, attorney inquiries, Presidential correspondence, insurance department, consumer, or producer complaints and inquiries. Assures that objectives, standards, policies, and business plans for the team are implemented, reported and monitored. Assures that expenditures are within budget and appropriately authorized. Participates in the underwriting support functions as necessary to include reviewing requests for proposals, verifying accuracy and completeness of information, preparing proposals, and/or providing manual rates to underwriters.
- Training and development
Develops staff through training, communication and delegation of responsibility. Establishes, implements and monitors training requirements and effectiveness. Conducts regular one-on-one sessions with associates, establish strong working relationships, encourage open and professional communication and assist with development plans. Provides for technical assistance and training as necessary.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proficient computer skills in various software applications, including use of spreadsheets in numerous formats, word processing, electronic mail, and presentation.
- An aptitude for math and statistical interpretation with proven analytical skills; ability to break down more complex problems into systematic parts for resolution.
- Ability to develop and operate within a budget.
- Strong human relations skills with demonstrated ability to work with both internal and external customers to resolve issues and exert influence as appropriate.
- Strong judgement, decision-making, presentation, planning, and organizational skills.
- Understanding of Corporate policies, philosophies, and objectives.
- Demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience in the insurance industry; Life insurance experience preferable.
- Underwriting experience.
- Extensive product and distribution knowledge.
- Seasoned supervisory or leadership experience.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Salary Range: $63,900 - $83,075.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.