The Direct-to-Consumer Data team is looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to support the data needs of the Direct Sales Center. The position requires someone passionate about growing their skills and making meaningful contributions to the growth of the Company. The developer will be working in a fast-paced call center environment supporting sales, and marketing efforts. If being part of a dynamic and imaginative team is what you're looking for - then we're looking for you.
The Business Intelligence Developer will provide call center, sales, and marketing report development for business units, monitor recurring processes, and ensure data and output accuracy and timely distribution.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Performs analysis and design by translating business requirements and developing reporting solutions that yield relevant business information in a user-friendly format by collecting, analyzing, and leveraging call center and sales data.
- Performs development, maintenance and integration of applications and systems that support business operations, process improvement and reporting. Maintains knowledge of current tools, languages and approaches used to develop, test, maintain, and execute systems and applications. Ensures appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented to protect the Company data assets from accidental or intentional misuse.
- Work with I/S teams to provide technical and functional assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems, solutions, procedures, reports, and analysis tools that are cost effective and meet end-user requirements.
- Defines and contributes to data quality standards, controls, procedures, and documentation. Identifies areas for data quality improvement and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Supports business customers on assigned data repositories. Provides support for data implementations and modifications impacting repositories, project request documentation, CAT testing, and daily monitoring of stored data. Helps business partners in understanding the reporting tools to allow them to better access the data independently.
- Will be working with Teradata, Tableau, AWS, Snowflake, and Salesforce
This job posting is reflective of the Business Intelligence Developer essential functions and qualifications. The Senior level will have variable essential function and qualifications. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Advanced SQL skills for extracting and presenting data from multiple sources
- Experience in visual reporting development, including hands-on development of analytics dashboards in Tableau
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to research solutions and analyze data independently to provide recommendations
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Considerable knowledge of relational database administration, data consumption, and advanced data analysis
- Strong consultative, analytical, conflict and strategic planning skills
- Understanding of Project Management Methodologies and Tools
- Excellent presentation skills
- Call center experience is a plus
- Help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization
- Value different ideas and opinions
- Listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet
- Teradata, Business Objects, AWS, Snowflake or Salesforce
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off
- For more information regarding benefits information, please visit our Careers Site
- Estimated Salary Range: $70,000-$90,000
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.