As a DevOps Pipeline Engineer you will lead various development activities for DevOps practices, including continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous monitoring . You will have the opportunity to implement and support CI/CD for public and private cloud and on-premise solutions. In this opportunity you will collaborate with Agile Release Train team members and leadership, feature development teams, infrastructure and operations teams as well as business leadership to build out the process and technical capabilities to support the CI/CD disciplines and Common Platform Technologies that will facilitate faster, more secure delivery of business value
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create engineering models/blueprints and other supporting diagrams to represent technical and functional system relationships.
- Emphasizes the use of a disciplined process when creating and implementing designs and operates effectively as part of a team in doing so. Uses patterns and frameworks to develop, support and solve problems for enterprise level applications supported by a team.
- Actively follows the software and systems development lifecycle and DevOps practices.
- Automate management and orchestration tasks for implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Automate common operations on critical systems in a safe and reliable manner.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to increase the operational stability of the platform.
- Helps team make tradeoffs between functional requirements, non-functional requirements and constraints
- Understands how their technology / application supports business partner/ Mutual of Omaha business strategy.
- Collaborates with team to uncover pain points and formulate ways to accelerate delivery.
- Translates business/user requirements into technical requirements, and applies creative problem solving that bring these requirements to fruition for a team.
- Leads participatory decision making with the team to develop and evolve the design and architecture
- Partner with scrum teams to build and deliver software releases and infrastructure improvements through improved CI/CD processes.
- Identify bottlenecks in development and deployment processes and demonstrate leadership in problem solving.
WHO YOU ARE:
- DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Strategic thinker with ability to translate vision to product features and influence change management with others for implementation
- Advocate for solution leadership and leveraging Agile Release Train ceremonies and practices to drive ART delivery
- Keeps a handle on design and maintenance with code repository management, code merge and quality checks, continuous integration, and automated deployment and management.
- Knowledgeable with microservices development and design patterns.
- Knowledgeable with Groovy and/or Java application development.
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- Someone who has worked with several of the following tools, but is open to exploring new options too:
- Puppet, Jenkins, Packer, Git, Bitbucket, CheckMarx, SonarQube, WhiteSource, Artifactory/XRay, Gradle, Groovy
- Cloud technologies, AWS preferred
- Container technologies, Docker and Kubernetes preferred
- Help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization
- Value different ideas and opinions
- Listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off
- For more information regarding benefits information, please visit our Careers Site
- Estimated Salary: $105,000 to $130,000
- Pay is commensurate with experience
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha is a provider of Medicare supplement insurance, life insurance, and financial services. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path. From day one, we you have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.