Do you have a passion for giving back and supporting the community?
Mutual of Omaha has an exciting opportunity for a purpose-driven job that collaborates with non-profit organizations and brings the company’s philanthropic strategy to life. This position is a core member of the Social Impact team, managing relationships and outreach for the Mutual of Omaha’s Foundation and other charitable initiatives. Successful candidates will have experience in community engagement with demonstrated leadership, collaboration and decision-making skills.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Community & Foundation:
The Community & Foundation Manager focuses on community outreach and corporate philanthropic programs and initiatives that align with the corporation's Social Impact strategy. Performs grantmaking and governance activities for the Mutual of Omaha Foundation and the Mutual of Omaha Employee Financial Assistance Fund. Builds and maintains stakeholder relationships with internal partners, non-profit organizations and community leaders.
- Develops and manages Social Impact programs that foster and enhance cultural awareness, diversity of thought, inclusiveness and engagement with Social Impact initiatives and enterprise-level business objectives.
- Partners with business leaders, and internal business areas to develop and execute strategic initiatives that integrate Social Impact programs and initiatives within the day-to-day operations of the enterprise. Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and applies best practices and functional trends.
- Builds and maximizes strong relationships across the company and with external organizations to identify needs, provide recommendations, design and manage solutions that align and support the Social Impact strategy of the enterprise.
- Creates and implements project plans, timelines, and leads program activities working collaboratively, leading and partnering with cross functional teams and stakeholders
- Assists in setting strategy to accomplish key Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Social Impact initiatives; supports and assists the broader Social Impact team
- Develops and executes written, verbal communications that support Social Impact goals and objectives. Creates and delivers presentations in a variety of public speaking settings.
- Establishes clear goals and design metrics and processes that measure progress and accountability. Creates and manages reporting and dashboards that track performance, financials, budgets and other measures.
- Evaluates effectiveness of programs and initiatives, making recommendations that validate, strengthen and maximize strategic goals and business objectives.
- Stays current on Social Impact best practices and trends and makes recommendations for integrating new concepts to maximize effectiveness and relevancy.
- Minimum 5-7 years in practical experience working in community affairs, philanthropy, government relations, marketing, human resources or DEI.
- Ability to conduct due diligence for charitable requests, evaluate funded grants and programs, manage grantee relationships and offer funding recommendations.
- Experience managing volunteer, charitable sponsorships and non-profit programs.
- Understanding of local non-profit sector with ability to monitor a wide range of societal issues that align with the corporation's Social Impact strategy and charitable funding priorities.
- Strong cultural awareness and the ability to work with, collaborate and influence diverse teams and groups.
- Ability to build and manage strong relationships at all levels, cross functionally and externally; ability to influence and leverage and extend networks to develop and strategic partnerships and execute on key initiatives.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of and experience with Social Impact best practices and regulatory requirements
- Analytic acumen with demonstrated ability to research, review and evaluate benchmarks, program effectiveness and performance against goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated project and program management experience and ability to support concurrent projects, ensuring on-time delivery and quality. Experience in developing and executing large scale plans with solid prioritization abilities.
- Ability to work efficiently in pressure situations and demonstrate a high level of flexibility in a rapidly changing environment and handling multiple assignment/projects simultaneously. High attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and advanced interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and make effective presentations to internal and external leaders/business partners and external audiences; represents the department across all levels of the business and with public facing.
- Proficient in financial analysis, budgeting and reporting.
- Strong personal computer skills to include various software packages and systems, including Word, Excel, electronic mail and presentation/Powerpoint.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Ability to attend/support events outside of traditional work hours.
- Sound judgement, integrity and decisions-making abilities.
- Ability to effectively train, mentor and coach others at all levels of the organization.
- Change management skills with ability to influence and manage multiple stakeholders
- Ability to research, monitor and make recommendations on ambiguous and complex issues.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Preferred experience in grantmaking with knowledge of non-profit governance, operations and the legal, accounting, and regulatory requirements for grant making and charitable sponsorships. Keen understanding of IRS non-profit regulations
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Minimum: $69,957 MidPoint: $90,944 Maximum: $111,931
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.