Managing the overall planning, execution and delivery of all run, grow and transform work being performed by a cross-functional stable team of up to 20 total members. Acts as the servant leader and coach for the Agile team. May also manage one-time medium to large projects consisting of a projected one year internal labor cost of up to $2.3M.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- May perform the functions of this role within any/all of the following: Agile Release Trains, Component/Enterprise I/S Teams, I/S Project/Program Teams. Enterprise Business Agility Coaching (APPO)
- Works in an Agile environment on a stable team that consists primarily of technical resources. Serves as the Scrum Master for a stable team delivering technology solutions. (up to 20 fully dedicated resources). Facilitate the team to successfully plan and execute the quarterly Program Increments (PI).
- Serves as the process expert and helps educate the team in Scrum, Kanban and Agile techniques. Ensures the Agile processes are being followed.
- Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution, and delivery of all run, grow and transform work being performed by a stable team. This may include the management of projects to include the definition of project charters, budgets, and measures as well as developing project structures and ensuring proper operations turnover.
- Facilitate the day-to-day coordination of work and removal of impediments while adhering to standards and Product Management prioritization/PI Objectives.
- Responsible for tracking work status and managing issues and risks to include financial analysis, evaluation of progress/quality/costs, developing action plans to address gaps or risks, adherence to compliance and procurement processes, and problem resolution.
- Responsible for building and leading high performing teams, including building strong product owner, sponsor, solution lead, stakeholder, vendor, customer, and team relationships.
- Responsible for work to implement or enhance a wide range of technology solutions, which span a number of disciplines, including OS migrations, database & client patching, database upgrades, programming, implementation, compliance, information security, and data management.
- Facilitate continuous Improvement/growth plans for the team in several domains, such as Operational Excellence, Infrastructure as a Service, and Database as a Service.
This job posting is reflective of the I/S Project Manager I essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The I/S Project Manager ll has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- 2-8 years Agile/Scrum project management experience.
- 4-6 years of information technology experience and/or business experience.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply Agile & SAFe processes.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to define issues, business/technology needs, and implement solutions.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new business and technology.
- Experience with development theories and processes.
- Knowledge of project management, risk management, procurement management and change management.
- Credible understanding of different technology and domains (mainframe, client, web, portal, new development, infrastructure, database, server, etc).
- Ability to manage work across technologies, domains, and business functions.
- Ability to use problem solving, critical thinking skills, and independent thinking to overcome challenges.
- Ability to apply the following skills:
- Interpersonal - effective verbal and written communication skills, resolves conflicts and effectively negotiates issue resolution, establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships, and displays strong facilitation skills. Actively demonstrates high personal integrity and ability to earn trust from others. Servant Leadership- advocates change, supports team building, recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments. Empowers and develops people, demonstrates humility and authenticity, provides direction rather than "giving orders." Coaches others and seeks and applies feedback often. Creates an environment of trust where it is safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear.
- Professional - understands and executes Agile project management processes and industry best practices which include, but are not limited to, effective PI Planning, monitoring work, managing scope, managing resources, ensuring quality control, maintaining effective communication with team and all stakeholders, managing risk, and monitoring and controlling costs.
- Partnership - demonstrates customer focus and knowledge of product, functional and operational processes, business and technology systems and utilizes innovation and adaptability in solution definition with a results orientation.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Bachelors in related field of study (Business Administration/Management Information Systems)
- C.S.P (Certified Scrum Practitioner)- PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner)
- C.S.M. (Certified Scrum Master)
- Continuing professional education related to position (20 hours per year)
- Industry knowledge and application (4-7 business partners, use of 8+ systems)
- SP (SAFe Practitioner)
- SSM (SAFe Scrum Master)- SA (SAFe Agilist)
- C.A.P.M (Certified Associate in Project Management)
- P.M.P. (Project Management Professional)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Estimated salary $70,000-$115,000.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.