|Conducts thorough business analysis and provides business solutions through research, manipulation and/or analysis and validation of data, facts, and information. Provides support for the implementation and administration of technologies in order to meet defined objectives and contribute to the overall business strategy. Work involves use of independent judgment as well as responsibility for performing technical and complex duties.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Mutual of Omaha embraces a set of core values called the "Values for Success." These values set the standard for how we deal with customers and how we treat each other and all associates are expected to contribute to the achievement of business objectives by living Mutual's "Values for Success." In addition, all associates are expected to exhibit engagement and accountability and to contribute to the alignment of business objectives across the organization utilizing measurements as a tool.
- Provides sales support to Life & Annuity sales team and field offices, including product expertise, case design consultation, sales concepts and sales process expertise, business system tools expertise, development and delivery of training materials, and industry analysis.
- Skill set that would succeed working with field advisors to identify business opportunities and close those business opportunities.
- Develop strong relationships with Home Office partners and field office partners.
- Continuing education via industry designations or licenses.
- Identifies, develops, and evaluates alternatives to meet business requirements. Coordinates, plans and conducts on-going maintenance, enhancements, and upgrades to existing business tools. May employ project management tools and perform business impact analysis and research.
- Develops and implements comprehensive communication and training plans for internal and external business associates and customers. Coordinates and implements controls and procedures.
- May assist in the work direction of day-to-day activities. Completes complex and sensitive projects.
- Develops and administers documentation of projects, recommendations, and implementation procedures. Communicates project outcomes in a clear, effective, and timely manner to necessary parties in the business area and other customer areas. May provide training and guidance to others. May delegate tasks to others (as appropriate) on projects with varying levels of complexity.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the insurance industry, and the business environment. Improves understanding of business system tools, practices, and methodologies. Researches and evaluates new and emerging technologies.
- This position may require up to 10% travel time throughout year, which may include overnight stays.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Ability to initiate, develop strong business relationships.
- Advanced oral and written communication, human relations, negotiation, and presentation skills. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and decision-making abilities. Creativity, diplomacy, sound judgment, and initiative.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines, to work independently and as part of a team, to guide and train others, and to provide excellent customer service.
- Advanced quantitative, statistical, and data analysis and interpretative skills.
- Competent in prioritizing, organization and decision making skills.
- Knowledge of insurance products, the insurance industry, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices.
- Wholesaling of life insurance and/or annuity products.
- Life and Health Insurance License.
- Sales experience with life insurance and annuity products.
- Knowledge of life and annuity products and sales concepts.
- Experience within a career agency sales distribution.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Salary Range: $54,822 - $65,000.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.