The Architect is responsible for the identification, analysis and translation of business drivers into business information and technical architecture requirements while providing a customer perspective and input into I/S decisions. Provides overall direction, guidance and definition of an architecture for a defined scope to effectively support the corporate business strategy and realize the target architecture. Performs work in I/S in some or all of the following Architecture specialties: Enterprise, Data, Infrastructure, Cloud or Security. Has strong technical skills within a specialty. Develops knowledge of multiple technologies and emerging technologies to support strategic initiatives.
Mutual of Omaha’s Data Guardians team serves to enable Data Governance, Privacy and Security through the enterprise. We partner with business and technology teams to effectively utilize data assets while enabling technologies protecting that data.
The Guardians mission is to enabling tools and processes with Data Lineage (Impact Analysis), Metadata management, Data Quality, and are working with the new Data Train in delivery of Privacy by Design.
Supporting this mission requires exceptional technical and collaboration skills. If you have the skills to help this team succeed apply for this architect position.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide technical direction and support to help enable users of Alation, ASG Data lineage, Data Quality (tool being selected), Dynamic Data Masking (tool being selected)
- As projects require collaborate with technical team, the Privacy, Office, I/S Security, Data ART, and application and business teams through the enterprise.
- Applies the principles, patterns and practices that guide architectural alignment with business and technical strategies and initiatives.
- Consults with Senior Architects to define overall direction and creation of business and enterprise architectures to effectively support business strategy through the delivery of models, frameworks, and other artifacts that guide the organization and effectively support the corporate business strategy.
- Participates in research, analysis, and translation of business drivers into business, information, and technical requirements that can transform a specialty.
- Documents conceptual architecture alternatives/concepts that support business and technology architectures, strategies and approaches and effectively offers/communicates options. Documents architectural concepts and white papers, focusing on change and impact analysis, and shares recommendations with Innovation team and partners.
- Develops and provides evidence of architecture models and frameworks created for business and I/S partners.
- Documents evaluation of business initiatives and proposals and provides recommendations based on specialty expertise.
- Develops and delivers effective communications to support Target Architecture.
- Promotes the use of architecture tools and mentors' others on use of the tools for one or more architecture domains. Researches and shares architectural advancements with team members and others across the enterprise.
- Identifies and evaluates emerging solutions and innovative partnership opportunities.
- Partners with leaders and other architects to resolve potential issues, gaps, or concerns.
- Creates and delivers architecture tools and target architecture framework training.
- Contributes to internal and external community discussions, evaluations and decisions while participating in domain initiatives. Coordinates and participates in internal/external community of practice events and learning opportunities. Promotes the adoption of architecture models, frameworks and target architecture across the community.
WHAT YOU’LL DO - Enterprise
- Leads, prioritizes and develops the overall enterprise architecture (EA) discipline for the enterprise.
- Plays a key role in leading and progressing architectural plans and activities in the organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO - Data
- Standardizes an organization's data development environment, providing strategic coordination as well as tactical governance.
- Focuses on complex projects and data elements to provide consultation services in the technology space which spans horizontally across business domains to all levels across the organization.
- Contributes to the functional strategy and acts as a thought leader across multiple teams by maintaining a strong working relationship with internal and external partners.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the enterprise data models and partnering with enterprise partners to integrate these models into their designs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO - Security
- Facilitates the selection and positioning of information security controls to manage information and information system confidentiality, integrity and availability risks within organizational tolerance and formalized in organizational policies and standards.
- Coordinates with Architects (Cloud, Infrastructure, Data, Enterprise) as well as business partners to ensure security architecture and controls are aligned and implemented in business and technical strategies, architectures and solutions.
- Specific to the Information Security Division, works with the CISO to set security vision and strategy and associated teams to support program planning, governance, education and technology management.
- Strong business acumen.
- Deep technical knowledge and skills in more than one specialty.
- Proficient level architect skills and ability to perform complex architecture activities without guidance.
- Ability to lead and perform complex architecture functions.
- In-depth understanding and proven use of architecture principles, patterns and practices.
- Has an in-depth understanding and applies the principles, patterns and practices that guide architectural alignment with business and technical strategies and initiatives.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years' experience preferred.
ABOUT YOU - Enterprise
- Exhibits a solid understanding of the organization's business objectives and processes, and what drivers and trends are influencing the industry and ecosystem.
- Solid understanding of political and cultural aspects of the organization.
ABOUT YOU - Data
- Detailed knowledge of the underlying data and data products and become the subject matter expert on content, current and potential future uses of data, and the quality and interrelationship between core elements of the data repositories and data products.
ABOUT YOU - Security
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging information security, privacy and risk management regulations and best practices and use that knowledge to drive strategic and tactical planning.
- Ability to leverage knowledge to educate and guide security design, control and contractual requirements in business and technical initiatives across the organization.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Previous experience in application development (legacy/contemporary), Data Management (legacy/contemporary), Data Analytics, Data Science
- Extensive experience in these technologies will be valuable to the team: COBOL, Java, .NET, Python, SQL, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Informatica, AWS, Alation, ASG Becubic/Rochade, Metadata Management Toolsets, Data Quality Toolsets
- Additional valuable experience includes enabling Data Governance and Privacy
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Salary range: $104,000 - $130,000
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.