Mutual of Omaha has an opening for a passionate and innovative individual to collaborate with business, finance, & information technology partners to assess enterprise expense processes and implement effective and efficient solutions. Successful candidates are driven to learn, effectively collaborate across levels within the enterprise, and will have strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills.
This individual will be part of the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. The FP&A team is responsible for financial and expense analysis and projections across the enterprise. This individual will support expense process and technical improvements, initiatives, and analysis.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Leads the design and development of improved expense and budget processes utilizing data, visualization, and other tools to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the budget, expense allocations and expense management functions for the Enterprise.
- Leads the research and documentation of complex business issues, forms conclusions, and makes recommendations to business partners.
- Independently executes on ideas to improve business processes across enterprise functions and knowledge in the workplace.
- Performs an expert level of financial analysis, planning, budgeting, and forecasting activities which may include leading such activities.
- Coordinates the periodic compilation or execution of timely and accurate financial reports and analysis.
- Recommends actions to management throughout the enterprise, identifies trends, risks, and indicators through analysis of financial and nonfinancial data
- Understand business products and strategy
- Operates collaboratively while building relationships with business partners
- Strong knowledge of both data and programming for manipulation and automation of data and analytical processes
- Aptitude for technical learning and application to tactical business problems. Must have the ability to learn new technologies and apply this knowledge to optimize processes.
- Creative problem solver with a focus on process improvement/automation and reducing manual work
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to influence others to accomplish projects
- Data Skills: SQL, Databases
- Business Intelligence (one or more of the following): Tableau, Excel (PowerPivot and PowerQuery), Power BI, etc.
- Strong knowledge of expense management, budgeting, and allocation practices (move to valuable experience)
- Strong knowledge of finance and / or accounting practices and procedures preferably common to an insurance industry finance environment.
- Self-driven with demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, influence change with peers, management, and business partners
- Demonstrates initiative to consistently improve processes through creativity and flexibility with minimal supervision
- Deep understanding of the products and elements of the business
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- Strong knowledge of key Mutual systems, including but not limited to Peoplesoft, Essbase, or PBCS
- Advanced level degree or equivalent experience in Finance related field
- Understanding of statutory accounting and/or insurance business processes
- Designation specific to the Finance field, such as a CPA
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Minimum: $65,767 MidPoint: $85,692 Maximum: $110,000
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.