Pension Guard®Underwritten by United of Omaha Life Insurance Company and Companion Life Insurance Company
In today's financial environment, many employers face major challenges in meeting the obligations of their defined benefit (DB) plans. Sustained low interest rates, a bearish stock market, and lower-than-expected earnings have combined to jeopardize adequate plan funding.
Pension Guard, an institutionally priced annuity from United of Omaha Life Insurance Company and Companion Life Insurance Company, provides an excellent solution for your clients in these situations:
- Plan Terminations – Meets plan specifications that guarantee benefits and benefit options earned by participants under a terminated DB plan
- Federal Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Settlements – Assumes plan benefit obligations for retirees and terminated vested participants
Key Benefits for Plan Sponsors
- Removes plan liabilities from their books
- Allows the employer to provide an important employee benefit – with a minimum of cost and administration
- Allows single aggregate payments to the plan trustee, with the trust responsible for all tax reporting and tax accounting associated with the payment
- Provides institutional pricing
- Guaranteed income for life or for a specified period
- Ability to provide ongoing income for a joint annuitant
- Multiple annuity payment options to meet a range of individual circumstances and goals
- Monthly, quarterly, semiannual or annual benefit payment options
- Optional cost-of-living adjustment, as permitted by the plan
For more information, or to request a quote on any of our group retirement products, please contact one of our regional sales managers. You may also request a quote by calling 1-800-843-2455 or by faxing a request to (402) 351-2176, Attn: Group Annuity Sales.