Travel Assistance* is available to enhance your life or disability insurance from Mutual of Omaha. Through Travel Assistance, if an employee or eligible family member has an emergency while traveling,** assistance from a multi-lingual professional is just a toll-free phone call away. Services are available to employees and family members on any single trip up to 90 days in duration.
- Health hazards advisory for worldwide destinations
- Domestic and international weather information
- Consulate and embassy locations
- Required documentation information (i.e. passport or visa)
Emergency Medical Assistance
- Assistance finding local medical care
- Coordination of medical insurance claims, paperwork and payment
- Representative monitors traveler care and communicates to concerned parties
- Dependent children transportation paid if traveler hospitalized more than 7 days
- Arrangements for traveler or companion to convalescence in a hotel
- Assistance obtaining prescription drugs or other necessary personal medical items
- Medically necessary repatriation costs covered if a physician deems it necessary
Travel Support Services
- Assistance obtaining funds from a traveler’s available sources of credit
- Assistance locating hotels and securing reservations
- Representative advises traveler how to report lost luggage and maintains contact with appropriate companies or authorities
- Coordination of credit card, airline ticket, or other documentation replacement
- 24-hour access to translators or interpreters
- Traveler’s vehicle will be returned if evacuated or repatriated
- Referrals for local attorney or consular officers
- Coordination of financial assistance for bonds/bail
Identity Theft Assistance
- Education and prevention guides and tips to help avoid identity theft
- Recovery information, instructions and guidelines in case of identity theft
- Case managers available for assistance 24/7
Travel Assistance Plan Limitations
AXA Assistance USA will not pay emergency evacuation, medically necessary repatriation, repatriation of remains or other expenses incurred while traveling within 100 miles of participant‘s place of residence, or for any one of the following reasons:
- Suicide, attempted suicide or self-inflicted injuries
- Act of declared or undeclared war or armed aggression
- While on active duty in the military or international organization
- Piloting, learning to pilot or acting as a member of the crew of any aircraft
- Mental or emotional disorders, unless hospitalized
- Participation in professional athletics
- Your commission or attempt to commit a felonious act
- Pregnancy and childbirth (exception: complications of pregnancy)
Expenses for emergency evacuation, medically necessary repatriation, repatriation of remains, return of dependent children, family or friend transportation arrangement and vehicle return up to $100,000 per person per event.
* Brought to you by Mutual of Omaha. Services provided by AXA Assistance U.S.A.
** Abroad or within the United States more than 100 miles from home.
Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company and its affiliate companies are independent and unaffiliated with AXA Assistance, U.S.A.