Long-Term Disability Insurance Underwritten by United of Omaha Life Insurance Company (Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company in NY)
Long-term disability insurance coverage allows your employees to maintain a portion of their income if they are disabled, and helps them return to work when they are ready. Our flexible features allow you to design an insurance plan that fits your benefits budget and is packed with attractive add-ons.
- Definition of disability – regular occupation definition, plus additional options to meet specific employer needs:
- Own occupation/gainful occupation variations
- Or definition of disability
- Activities of daily living
- Mutually progressive partial 99/85 percent earnings tests
- Multiple elimination period options
- No prudent person pre-existing condition provision
- Vocational rehabilitation and reasonable accommodation
- Lifetime work incentive benefit
- Survivor Benefit
- Cost of Living Adjustment
- COBRA Premium Reimbursement Benefit
- Retirement Income Protection Benefit
- Revenue Protection Benefit
- Child Care/Family Care Benefit
- Earnings Freeze For Progressive Illness Benefit
- Infectious and Contagious Disease Benefit
- Physician Specialty Own Occupation
- Employee Assistance Program – Basic, Enhanced Basic and Comprehensive options available
- AbsencePro – full-service assistance with Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) administration and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) administration.
- Plans for Medical Professionals and Attorneys – Most disability insurance plans do not adequately protect the incomes of these highly paid and specialized professionals. Our LTD plans for medical professionals and law firms are designed to meet their unique income protection needs.
- Travel Assistance – assistance to covered employees traveling outside of the country or over 100 miles from home