Long-term disability insurance coverage allows your employees to maintain a portion of their income if they are disabled, and helps them return to work when they are ready. Our flexible features allow you to design a plan that fits your benefits budget and is packed with attractive add-ons.
- Definition of disability – regular occupation definition, plus additional options to meet specific employer needs:
- Own occupation/gainful occupation variations
- Mutually progressive 99 percent earnings test
- Occupation or earnings test
- Activities of daily living
- Elimination periods
- Medical premium reimbursement
- No prudent person pre-existing condition
- Vocational rehabilitation and reasonable accommodation
- Floating work incentive benefit
- Employee Assistance Program – Basic, Enhanced Basic and Comprehensive options available
- FMLA Administration – full-service assistance with Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Administration
- Plans for Medical Professionals and Attorneys – Most disability insurance plans do not adequately protect the incomes of these highly paid and specialized professionals. Mutual of Omaha's LTD plans for medical professionals and law firms are designed to meet their unique income protection needs.
- Travel Assistance – assistance to covered employees traveling outside of the country or over 100 miles from home