Mutual of Omaha’s Disability Income Choice Portfoliosm offers Long-Term Disability insurance.
Long-term Disability Insurance may be right for you if
- you have resources that could cover your living expenses for the first few months of a disability
- you want comprehensive, long-term benefits that would cover disability from an accident or sickness
- you prefer more rider options so you can tailor coverage to meet your unique needs
- you’re interested in protection that is portable throughout several years of your career, even up to age 67
This policy will pay you a monthly benefit if you are unable to work due to a disabling accident or sickness.
You can tailor this policy by selecting the elimination period, benefit period and optional riders that would best meet your needs.
|Monthly benefit||Based on a portion of your current income. Maximum monthly base benefit is $10,000. ($12,300 with SIS rider)|
|Elimination period||60, 90, 180 or 365 days|
|Benefit period*||2, 5, or 10 years, or to age 67|
|Issue ages||18 – 61|
|Premium**||Premium rate is level until age 67. (You may continue coverage until age 75. Premiums increase annually after age 67.)|
Built-in Benefit Highlights
Some of the benefits included in the base policy are:
- Total Disability Income Benefit
- If an injury or illness prevents you from performing the duties of your regular job, and you aren’t gainfully employed in another occupation, we will pay you a monthly benefit once the elimination period has been met. After the first 24 months following the elimination period, if you have not reached your maximum benefit period, we will continue to pay a monthly benefit as long as you are unable to perform the duties of any job for which you are reasonably qualified based on education, training and experience.
- Proportionate Disability Benefit
- If an injury prevents you from performing the duties of your regular job in the normal time it would take to do them, and your loss of monthly income is at least 20 percent, we will pay you a percentage of the total disability monthly benefit proportionate to your loss of income once the elimination period has been met. Payable for up to 24 months.
- Guaranteed Renewable
- We cannot cancel this policy, up to age 67, as long as you pay the premium when due. After age 67, you may continue your coverage to age 75 if you continue to work full-time and pay the premium when due.
- Waiver of Premium
- Premium is waived for the coverage and optional riders after you are disabled for 90 days. We will also refund any premiums you paid during this 90-day period.
- Terminal Illness Benefit
- You can accelerate up to 12 months of disability benefits if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Rehabilitation Benefit
- You may be eligible to receive vocational rehabilitation services at our expense.
- Survivor Benefit
- If you die while you are disabled, we will pay your beneficiaries a lump sum amount equal to three times the total disability monthly benefit, payable at the time of your death.
These represent a few of the optional riders available to enhance the Long-Term Disability policy base benefits. Be sure to talk with a licensed insurance agent about additional benefits available.
- Future Insurability Option
- Increases your base monthly benefit as your income increases, regardless of changes in your health.
- Cost-of-Living Adjustment Rider
- Increases your monthly benefit while you are disabled so your benefits aren’t degraded by inflation.
- Critical Illness Benefits Rider
- Pays up to $25,000 in a lump sum benefit if you are diagnosed with certain specified diseases.
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity Benefits Rider
- Pays up to $500 for each day you’re confined to a hospital. The benefit doubles for days of confinement in intensive care. Benefits are payable for a maximum of 45 days for any period of confinement.
- Accident Medical Expense Benefits Rider
- This rider will provide you with reimbursement for medical-related expenses incurred per accident. Maximum benefit amounts per accident are $1,000, $2,000, $3,000 and $5,000. The benefit only applies to services and supplies received within 26 weeks from the date of the covered injury.
- Return of Premium Benefit Rider
- Pays you back either 50 or 80 percent of premiums minus claims paid after 10 years, depending on the option you choose.
Mutual of Omaha’s Long-Term Disability insurance may be the right policy for you. Be sure to work with a licensed insurance agent who can help you review your needs and choose the best benefits to help protect your income.