Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company’s Priority Income ProtectionSM offers a simple, fast way to apply for disability insurance that will pay you a monthly benefit if you are injured or sick and unable to work.
This policy may be right for you if
- you prefer easy to understand coverage without rider options
- you want flexibility to fit the benefit level to your budget
- you prefer a short application with quick-issue coverage that doesn’t require a medical exam
- you want coverage you may quality for regardless of your occupation
- you’re interested in your own coverage that is not tied to your job
This policy covers accident or sickness that occurs off the job and is not caused by or related to any employment.
|Monthly benefit||Based on a portion of your current income. Maximum monthly benefit is $2,000||
|Benefit period*||12, 24, 36 months|
|Elimination Period||30/90 days|
Your policy has a waiting period before the policy benefits begin. The elimination period for this policy is 30 days if you’re unable to work due to an accident and 90 days if due to sickness.
How It Works
It’s simple. You make two benefit choices – the monthly benefit amount you’ll need and the benefit period (how many months benefits can be paid). The options you choose can help you keep the cost within your budget.
Choose a monthly benefit amount: from $300 to $2,000 (in $100 increments).
Your policy can pay up to 70 percent of your net income (or a maximum of $2,000). If you have other valid disability coverage, the total monthly benefits from this policy will be coordinated with your other coverage in order to pay a maximum of 70 percent of your net income.
This is the maximum number of months your policy will pay a benefit. Think about how long you would need to receive monthly benefits if you were unable to work due to an accident or sickness.
Choose a benefit period: _ 12 months _ 24 months _ 36 months
Easy to Apply
Only a brief application is needed. You’ll be asked some health questions and there’s no requirement for a medical exam or medical information from your doctors. If you qualify for coverage, your policy can be issued in just a few days.
Built-in Benefit Highlights
Benefits provided by this policy include:
- Total Disability Benefit
- We will pay a monthly benefit once the elimination period has been satisfied if you are unable to perform the material and substantial duties of your regular occupation due to injury or illness and you are not gainfully employed in another occupation.
- Partial Disability Benefit
- When you are unable to perform the material and substantial duties of your regular occupation at least 20 percent to no more than 50 percent of the time, we will pay 50 percent of the total monthly benefit for up to six months.
- Recurrent Disability
- If a related disability occurs within six months of returning to full-time employment OR an unrelated disability occurs within 30 days of returning to full-time employment, a new elimination period will not need to be satisfied.
- Concurrent Disability
- If you are totally or partially disabled as a result of more than one injury and/or illness at the same time, we will consider it the same as if the disability resulted from only one cause.
- This product guarantees the right to continue the coverage until age 65. During that time, we cannot cancel the policy as long as the required premiums are paid when due.
- Waiver of Premium
- We will waive your premium for the coverage after you are disabled for 90 days for as long as benefits are payable. Also, we will refund any premiums paid during this 90-day period.
Mutual of Omaha’s Priority Income ProtectionSM may be the right policy for you. Be sure to work with a licensed insurance agent1 who can help you review your needs and choose the best benefits to help protect your income.