Frequently Asked Questions

Products Underwritten by United of Omaha Life Insurance Company or Companion Life Insurance Company


  • Benefit payment checks are mailed to reach you on the day the check is due. If your check is due on the 1st of each month, we mail it to reach you on the 1st. However, if your check is due on the 15th of every month, we mail it to reach you on the 15th. Occasionally the postal service may experience delivery delays due to high volumes, weather, or other issues beyond our control. If you have not received your check five (5) business days after the due date, please contact us.

    If you have recently moved, please remember to note your address change with us. The postal service can forward your check, but there will be a delay. You can eliminate that delay by updating your address information so that we can send the payment directly to your new address.

  • Yes. We offer the option to receive your payment by electronic funds transfer (EFT) directly to your bank account. This is a free service. You can sign up by returning a completed Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Agreement. Please note that our EFT option is not available for financial institutions located outside of the U.S. or in U.S. territories. In those instances, we can mail a paper check directly to your financial institution.

  • Banks post deposits to accounts at various times during the day. If your payment does not appear in your account by the first business day following the payment date, please contact us.

  • If your payment date falls on a holiday or a weekend, your payment is deposited to your account on the previous business day.

  • Please return a new completed Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Agreement.

  • You can change your federal income tax withholding at any time. If you would like to change your withholding, you can do so by returning a completed IRS form W-4P to the company. Please see your personal tax advisor for assistance in completing the form.

  • Some states do not provide income tax withholding on annuity payments. If your state does not provide for such withholding, we cannot honor your request. If state income tax withholding is available in your state, you can change your withholding at any time by returning the completed form. Please contact us and a form will be provided.

  • Your ability to make an initial beneficiary designation or subsequent changes depends on the annuity form you have selected. Please refer to the terms of your Annuity Certificate if applicable. As an authorized payee, you can change your beneficiary designation at any time by returning a completed Beneficiary Designation Form.

  • We will work quickly to verify and administer any death benefits that may be payable. To expedite this process, please provide us with a copy of death certificate if available. Contact us.

  • Please provide a copy of the power of attorney. We value the privacy of our clients and are required to protect the privacy of our of our clients’ information. We cannot release any information to anyone other than the annuitant until we receive the required documentation.

  • By federal law, tax statements must be mailed no later than January 30. If you have not received your tax statement by February 15, please contact us.

  • The Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982 (TEFRA) requires that we provide an annual reminder to you informing you of your right to change the federal income tax withholding status on your pension, annuity, or other deferred income. Please note that this notice does not reflect state income tax withholding.

    • If you do not wish to change the statues of your current withholding, you can disregard the letter and do nothing. Your current withholding amount will continue according to the most recent election on file.
    • If you would like to change your federal income tax withholding amount, please return a completed IRS form W-4P.