Taking good care of your teeth and mouth is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Brushing, flossing, and avoiding sugary foods and drinks certainly help. Visiting a dentist on a regular basis is also very important.
Good dental care is about more than just a pretty smile. Poor hygiene and lack of proper professional care can easily lead to tooth decay, gingivitis, and gum disease. Additionally, numerous recent studies show an association between oral health and a variety of health conditions, including diabetes and heart disease.
- Although tooth decay is largely preventable, it remains the most common chronic disease of children – 5 times more common than asthma*
- Among all adolescents aged 12-19 years, 20 percent currently have untreated decay. Advanced gum disease affects 9 out of 10 U.S. adults*
- Nationally, it is estimated that kids miss 51 million hours of school due to oral diseases*
* National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, March, 2015
Dental Insurance Made Easy
United of Omaha dental coverage includes several convenient features:
- An extensive network of dental professionals
- Excellent claims payment and customer service
- An online resource center that allows you to view your benefits, track claims, find a dentist, plus much more