Omaha, Neb. – (April 8, 2009) Mutual of Omaha, official sponsor of the aha moment, today announced the 2009 aha moment tour, a nationwide effort to collect and share Americans’ inspirational moments.
Beginning in May, the aha moment tour’s unique mobile television studio will visit 25 cities throughout the country to chronicle individuals’ aha moments and upload them to ahamoment.com, a web site created to celebrate the life-changing power of the aha moment.
“The aha moment is universal, and as official sponsor of the aha moment we want to give people everywhere a chance to record their aha moments – those amazing, uplifting, inspirational moments that changed their lives,” said Mutual of Omaha Senior Vice President John Hildenbiddle.
The aha moment tour will kick off May 4 in Oklahoma City and conclude on September 15 in Reno, Nev. Featuring a custom Airstream trailer converted into a mobile television studio, the tour will visit 25 cities in 25 states, traveling over 7,800 miles and stopping in high-visibility locations to record aha moments.
Those wishing to share their aha moment should visit ahamoment.com to check out tour stops and sign up for a time to record their aha moment. The aha moments collected through the tour will be posted on the web site. In addition, a special tour blog will allow visitors to follow the tour and learn more about the many aha moments that are encountered along the way.
“An aha moment is a moment of clarity, a deeply personal defining moment where you gain real wisdom,” Hildenbiddle said. “Whether big or small, funny or sad, aha moments have the power to change lives. We’re thrilled to be able to share these real-life aha moments and perhaps inspire others to discover their possibilities,” Hildenbiddle said.
Scheduled tour stops include:
- May 4-5: Oklahoma City
- May 13-14: Omaha, Neb.
- May 18-19: Springfield, Mo.
- May 21-22: Little Rock, Ark.
- May 26-27: Jackson, Miss.
- June 1-2: Birmingham, Ala.
- June 4-5: Chattanooga, Tenn.
- June 12-13: Savannah, Ga.
- June 15-16: Columbia, S.C.
- June 19-20: Roanoke, Va.
- June 26-27: Harrisburg, Penn.
- July 6-7: Syracuse, N.Y.
- July 13-14: Louisville, Ky.
- July 16-17: Evansville, Ind.
- July 22-23: Grand Rapids, Mich.
- July 27-28: Champaign, Ill.
- July 31-Aug. 1: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Aug. 6-7: La Crosse, Wis.
- Aug. 10-11: Rochester, Minn.
- Aug. 14-15: Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Aug. 24-25: Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Aug. 27-28: Cheyenne, Wyo.
- September 2-3: Billings, Mont.
- September 8-9: Idaho Falls, Idaho
- September 14-15, Reno, Nev.
Mutual of Omaha kicked off its sponsorship of the aha moment with a national television advertising campaign that began in February, a web site devoted to aha moments and a Facebook community. The aha moment tour is a grassroots extension of the sponsorship, Hildenbiddle said.
Mutual of Omaha is a full-service, multi-line organization providing insurance and financial products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. For more information about Mutual of Omaha, visit www.mutualofomaha.com.