Omaha, Neb. – (August 16, 2007) Mutual of Omaha has announced the prospective 10-member Board of Directors that will oversee the operations of Mutual of Omaha Bank.
All ten members have agreed to serve on the board and will be installed when Mutual of Omaha Bank receives the necessary regulatory approvals to begin operation, said Jeff Schmid, President and Chief Executive Officer of Omaha Financial Holdings, Inc., the holding company for Mutual of Omaha’s banking interests.
“With nearly two centuries of collective banking experience as well as wide-ranging business expertise, Mutual of Omaha Bank is fortunate to have such a distinguished slate of Directors,” Schmid said. “These individuals bring diverse experience, a commitment to success and a passion for excellence to Mutual of Omaha Bank and will play a key role in its growth.”
Omaha Financial Holdings has announced the acquisition of three banks: Nebraska State Bank in Omaha and Peak National Bank in suburban Denver, which will all become part of Mutual of Omaha Bank. The third acquired bank, Security Federal Savings Bank in Lincoln, will retain its name but be part of Mutual’s network of banks. It is anticipated that the transactions and all necessary regulatory approvals for the thrift will be finalized this fall, Schmid said.
Agreeing to serve on the Mutual of Omaha Bank Board of Directors are:
- Thomas L. Hartley is founder and Chairman of Peak National Bank.
- Terry J. Kroeger is President and Chief Operating Officer of the Omaha World-Herald Company. The Omaha World-Herald Company is a diversified media company whose flagship publication, The Omaha World-Herald, has provided news, commentary, information and advertising to the Omaha community since 1885.
- George A. Little is President of HDR Engineering, Inc., and Vice Chairman of HDR, Inc.’s, board of directors. HDR, Inc. is an employee-owned architectural, engineering and consulting firm with more than 6,200 professionals in 140 locations worldwide.
- Barry S. Major is Chief Operating Officer and Director of Nebraska Book Company. Operating approximately 250 college bookstores, distributing more than 7 million textbooks to nearly 2,500 college bookstores and offering a variety of value-added services, Nebraska Book Company is a leader in serving the nation’s college bookstores.
- John E. Nahas is President of Corporate Management Consulting, an Omaha-based management consulting firm. He has 29 years of banking experience, most recently serving as President of Nebraska/Western Iowa for US Bank.
- Jeffrey R. Schmid is President and Chief Executive Officer of Omaha Financial Holdings, Inc. and will serve as Chairman of Mutual of Omaha Bank.
- Michael J. Homa is Senior Vice President of Omaha Financial Holdings and will serve as Vice Chairman, President and Chief Operating Officer of Mutual of Omaha Bank.
- Marjorie J. Heller is Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of Omaha Financial Holdings, Inc. She will also serve as Chief Financial Officer of Mutual of Omaha Bank.
- Tod R. Ellis is Vice President of Omaha Financial Holdings, Inc., and will serve as Chief Credit Officer of Mutual of Omaha Bank.
- Michael L. Fosdick is President and Chief Executive Officer of Security Federal Bank in Lincoln. He will be Market President for the Lincoln market area for Mutual of Omaha Bank.
Mutual of Omaha formed Omaha Financial Holdings, Inc., in January of 2007 to pursue banking initiatives. Mutual of Omaha is a full-service, multi-line organization providing insurance and financial products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States