Mutual of Omaha Launches Group Accident Insurance
OMAHA, Neb., August 19, 2014 – Mutual of Omaha, a leading provider of group benefits, has announced a new Accident product that allows employers to enhance their benefits coverage, while providing employees and their loved ones with added protection if an accident occurs.
Accident insurance supplements medical coverage and provides a cash benefit for injuries sustained from an accident. The benefit can be used to: pay out-of-pocket medical expenses, supplement daily living expenses, cover lost income for unpaid time off work and safeguard finances.
Mutual of Omaha’s product:
- Provides Express Benefit, which pays a benefit upon notification of an accident, without proof required for a full claim
- Provides flexible coverage tiers so individuals can tailor benefit amounts to meet their needs
- Pays a lump-sum cash benefit regardless of other insurance coverage
- Complements a high-deductible health plan
- Provides 24-hour and off-job coverage
- Offers optional features such as family care, catastrophic coverage and health screenings
“Health care reform and rising health care costs have made a significant impact on the employee benefits market,” said Marty Traynor, vice president of Voluntary Benefits within Mutual of Omaha’s Benefit Solutions Division. “Many employers have been forced to shift more medical benefit expenses to their employees. Our accident insurance provides a solution to fill the gaps in health coverage.”
Mutual of Omaha’s Accident product is available with voluntary, non–contributory and contributory options. It can be packaged with other ancillary products on one convenient bill. In addition, it is easily underwritten for both employer and employee customers and supported by dedicated enrollment professionals, implementation and service teams.
For more information on Mutual of Omaha’s Accident product, visit www.mutualofomaha.com/benefitconsultantlocator.
Mutual of Omaha is a full-service, multi-line organization providing insurance, banking and financial products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States.