America Has Voted: Online Ballot Selects Mutual of Omaha Ads
OMAHA, Neb., February 21, 2011 – Filmed in a travel trailer and selected in an online vote, Mutual of Omaha’s new Aha Moment commercials tell inspiring stories of real people who are making a difference.
From Wounded Warriors to a message of acceptance delivered entirely in American Sign Language, the unique network television campaign kicked off on Feb. 15 and features 12 new commercials.
As “Proud Sponsor of Life’s Aha Moments,” Mutual of Omaha traveled the country last summer, visiting 25 cities and recording more than 1,000 Aha Moments in its custom, 34-foot mobile television studio. Viewers selected the stories that make up the advertising campaign, casting nearly 100,000 online votes for their favorite Aha Moments.
“We’re proud that our advertisements feature real people sharing stories of the moments that have changed their lives,” said Mutual Senior Vice President John Hildenbiddle. “This is truly a grassroots campaign, featuring real people telling real stories and selected by the public through an online ballot.”
The Aha Moments campaign was created to support Mutual of Omaha's mission to offer insurance, retirement, banking and investment products that can help people insure the possibilities that come with the life changes, which often result from aha moments.
Here are the 12 stories that make up Mutual of Omaha’s 2011 Aha Moments campaign:
- Mary, Providence, R.I. – Using American Sign Language, Mary sends a message of acceptance.
- Dan, Jacksonville, Fla. – After being wounded in Iraq, Dan realized his mission is to help other wounded soldiers.
- Bill, Albuquerque, N.M. – Bill discovered wonderful friendships and the beauty of music through singing in a barbershop quartet.
- Shannon and Healther, South Bend, Ind. – Shannon and Heather were inspired to start South Bend's first roller derby team.
- Jimmie, Baton Rouge, La. – While society may view his child differently, Jimmie loves his autistic son just the way he is.
- Steve, South Bend, Ind. – A simple act of kindness shows Steve’s students that people can make a difference at any age.
- Rob, Laurie, Alice and Patty, Charleston, S.C. – Cancer survivors celebrate life as members of a dragon boat racing team.
- Dale, Jacksonville, Fla. – Notes from Dale’s guitar introduce a deaf girl to the beauty of music.
- Joe, Milwaukee, Wis. – As the Rock and Roll Guru, Joe spreads his rock philosophy: Do what makes your heart sing.
- Rani, Baton Rouge, La. – Rani raps as the Hip Hop Doc to teach kids the importance of health and wellness.
- Leah, Tulsa, Okla. – An Alzheimer’s patient shows Leah the value of her work.
- Juanita, Jacksonville, Fla. – Uses her personal story to empower young women.
Mutual of Omaha worked with Skadaddle Media of Sausalito, Calif., to create the Aha Moment campaign, which kicked off on Feb. 15 and runs through mid-July. Visit www.mutualofomaha.com/aha for more information.
Mutual of Omaha is a full-service, multi-line organization providing insurance, banking and financial products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States.