Mutual of Omaha invites all Omaha/Council Bluffs metro area organizations to apply to participate in this annual effort. In addition, organizations approved for this effort may qualify for a grant of up to $1,000.
- Organizations must be located in the Omaha/CB metro area, Blair, NE.
Note: Offices in other areas will be provided with an opportunity to coordinate their own effort and will handpick the organizations they will work with
- Volunteer opportunities must take place during the month of September and must be Monday – Friday from 12:30–4:30 p.m.
- If opportunities are approved, organizations must provide all tools and materials required for the volunteer project, as well as on-site supervision.
- To be considered, organizations must submit an online application April 1–30. One application per project, with the opportunity to submit applications for up to five projects.
- Application acceptance period – April 1 – 30
- Committee reviews applications – May 1-10
- Organizations notified – May 13-17
- Mutual of Omaha staff works with organizations on details of approved projects – June 3-July 17
- Mutual of Omaha employees sign up for volunteer activities – July 22 - September 30
- National Month of Caring – September 3-30